Richard Abraham

Posted by:
Richard Abraham
- Sector Lead

The world of data is a complex, interconnected universe. The volume of data created, captured, copied, and consumed worldwide is predicted to double to 181 zetabytes between 2022 and 2025. The Data Heroes tasked with managing this world are tirelessly seeking to unlock its value. In this blog we aim to explore how cloud integration can revolutionise your business, laying the foundation for innovation and growth in today’s fast-paced, data-driven world.  

The Challenge 

The number of APIs, Apps and Data supporting any business continues to grow exponentially. Stitching together the ever-growing number of distributed apps and data becomes vital to delivering digital business capabilities and is the challenge faced by many a Data Superhero. A staggering 95% of SaaS apps exist in silo, and the IDC reports that 39 % of organisations find incompatibility between different SaaS providers to be a major integration challenge. 

Integration Challenges: Despite the benefits of SaaS, many enterprises struggle with fully integrating their applications. Application silos can indeed lead to manual work, inefficiencies, and hinder automation of business processes – Gartner  

The Evolution of Cloud Integration  

Integration has evolved far beyond extracting data for reports. Today’s integration heroes demand real-time, interactive data flows that power intelligent applications, enhance customer interactions, and drive business innovation. Cloud integration isn’t just about moving data; it’s about creating a seamless, connected ecosystem where data can truly shine.  

Digital-first cloud data management is the future. A survey by the  International Data Corporation  (IDC) found that “90% of European organizations consider it crucial to have a digital-first strategy to achieve business value from more of their data.” However, only “32% of data available to enterprises is put to work.” This leaves a concerning 68% of enterprise data completely unleveraged. IDC 

The Business Value  

Cloud integration is the superhero’s toolkit for business transformation. Whether it’s improving operational efficiency, driving new business models, or leveraging the latest in AI technologies, integration is the key to unlocking endless possibilities.  

  • Enable Business Transformation: Integration supports new business models and drives operational efficiencies.  
  • Support AI Initiatives: The role of clean, integrated data in powering AI and generative AI solutions.  
  • Enhance Customer Experiences: Real-time data integration improves customer interactions and satisfaction.  

Real-Life Data Hero Stories  

Many organisations have started to integrate disparate data and achieve leaps forward in business value. Two such real-life examples where cloud integration has made a significant impact:  

  • The Institute of Motor Industry: By breaking down data silos and integrating systems, they’ve transformed their operations, driving new revenue streams, and improving member services.  
  • The Pothole-Fixing Contractor: Transitioning from paper-based workflows to a fully integrated digital system, they’ve cut costs, sped up delivery times, and won new contracts, all thanks to the power of cloud integration.  

The Foundations of a Super-Powered Cloud Integration Platform  

Before diving into the specifics, let’s consider what makes a cloud integration platform truly powerful:  

  • Versatile Connectivity: The ability to connect to various data types, from traditional databases to modern APIs and even binary data like images and documents.  
  • Flexible Processing: Supporting both batch and real-time loading to meet diverse business needs.  
  • Hybrid Environments: Seamlessly integrating on-premises and cloud data sources.  
  • Business Involvement: Ensuring the business is engaged in the integration process, with tools for data cataloguing, quality rules, and governance.  

Conclusion 

By leveraging modern cloud integration platforms like Informatica, businesses can unlock the full potential of their data, driving innovation and staying ahead in the competitive market. Whether you’re just starting your integration journey or looking to enhance your existing processes, embracing these technologies will empower you to become a true Data Hero in your organisation.  


Don’t just manage data – master it. Contact me today to embark on a journey of data-driven success! 


Richard Abraham is an experienced sales professional, focused on the successful delivery of revenue and solutions for both clients and partners.  Supporting companies with a desire to fulfil their strategic objectives through Data Management, Business Intelligence, Financial Performance Management and Insight through past, present and future data analytics.

 

We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of Cookies.

Close