IBM Cognos Data Manager
IBM Cognos Data Manager simplifies the creation of data warehouses and data repositories for reporting, analysis, and performance management. This simple and intuitive tool allows rapid dimensional ETL capabilities for high performance business intelligence data marts.
The tool provides:
- A simple graphical interface for rapid development
- Easy access to advanced functionality, embedded SQL and logic
- User defined functions for simple reuse of common logic
- Connectivity to almost any database
- Creation of conformed hierarchical dimensions
- Management of slowly changing dimensions
- Simplified generation of aggregated fact tables
- Easy control and schedule jobs streams
- Integration with Cognos BI to automate processes and reports throughout data loads
- Execution and control of external programs, batch and processes
- Automatic auditing, with reports viewable through Cognos Connection
- 64-bit server processing for improved throughput
Data Manager works by extracting operational data from multiple sources, transforming and merging the data, then delivering the transformed data to coordinated data marts. Data Manager can be used to transfer data into single database tables and populate data warehouse fact and dimension tables, and create aggregate fact table. Data Manager integrates with other IBM Cognos Business Intelligence products by delivering metadata to IBM Cognos Framework Manager which allows target data warehouse and data repositories to be modelled and used in IBM Cognos Business Intelligence and Performance Management projects.
For more information on Data Manager or to find out more about how we've helped our clients implement and get the best of Data Manager, please contact us.